Thursday, January 3, 2013

What does "wifey skill" mean?

So a while ago my friend and I learned to use a sewing machine again for a craft project. I had also recently learned how to knit. We dubbed both of these "wifey skills." Meaning these were skills that you could add to a resume for marriage or were things women used to know how to do but wasn't as common now. Throughout the next year we continued to dub skills that we learned "wifey skills" or anything we could use in the future particularly as a wife or mother. Many of these include new recipes or crafts as well as neat tricks for around the house.
I decided that I wanted to keep track of these skills and post them for others to learn in a very simple step by step manner. I also wanted to use this to track not only how I am growing in home ec but also how I am growing spiritually. How I am learning to love God more and the lessons I have learned along the way. I hope you enjoy reading a little into my life and those around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment